Tuesday, November 06, 2007

11-6-07 Observations




- Foliage is beautiful around my cabin (see attached), but spotty in many places....primarily due to the drought.
- From our office in town, the mountain sides are still predominantly green...with a bit of color beginning to show...On Nov. 6! Proof to me that atmospheric conditions have produced floral change....the first time I have ever witnessed green leaves still prevalent this late in the year.
- First hard freeze forecast for tonight on the mountain...mid 20s.
- A stormy night last night.....high winds but limited rain...town says .05 but there was more on the mountain...maybe .2 to .4". Nashville got 1.6" and Crossville .64". Unbelievable how rain has avoided this area for so long. 17" below normal.
- Three deer acting nuts at dawn this AM, but all were does....and yearlings...chasing each other and running in circles, which included my yard. They acted as if a buck was about, but one was never spotted.
- Hunting season, muzzleloader, is underway, and I have not heard Coyotes in some time. I hope my bucks avoid the unprotected areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home