Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Questions For The Ages

- May I ask, Mother Nature, what is going on here?
- Have you confused us with perhaps The Sahara?
- Near 100 F again today...and August is in line to be the hottest month on record...by a long shot.
- Three weeks in a row of hot dry conditions. Even the mature deciduous trees are wilting in the oppressive heat. Sad. No rain in 18 days and none in the forecast. Only .3 inches for August.
- Wildlife seems confused. A 6-point buck wandered through my yard this morning...a stranger...I see deer daily...many times the same ones come to the mineral block/food that I set out for them...but I had never seen this one....he meandered aimlessly through the yard and off into the forest. It was in the low 80s this morning at 7:30 AM! Never have I seen such conditions here.
- The forecast for the valley is for near 100 through Saturday...and then perhaps a cool spell...down to 95. But no rain! Help!
- I hope the next entry reflects more favorable environmental conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home